Question: I have heard gay and lesbian persons say that God created them that way. Is there anything in the Bible to prove this?
Answer: God has never created someone as a homosexual. They have chosen that perverted lifestyle. In Leviticus 20:13 we read:
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: They shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
God wanted Israel to be a clean nation, free of this perversion. In Deuteronomy 22:5 we are told:
"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God."
This is God’s opinion of the "cross dressing" Hollywood takes so much delight in.
Asa, king of Judah, did God’s will in 1 Kings 15:11,12...
"And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord...and he took away the sodomites out of the land..."
In the New Testament we are warned in Romans 1:26-28...
"...for even the women did change the natural use (man & wife) into that (woman with woman) which is against nature (the way they were created) (26): and likewise also the man leaving the natural use of the woman (husband & wife) burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly (Unbelievable!) (27)...and even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind to do those things which are not convenient (28)."
Read the rest of Romans 1 and you will see that God does not condone homosexual behavior of any kind, and would not have created anyone that way. Here is God's opinion of those actions.
- God destroyed Sodom. The city was completely taken over by homosexuals. In Genesis 19:4 they completely surrounded Lot’s home, and in Verse 5 they wanted the men to come out "That we may know them." This was not just a casual hand shake; but, "know" in a carnal way. In Verse 7 Lot said, "...Do not so wickedly." Their perversion was wicked. In Luke 17:29, God "rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all." This is God's opinion of homosexuality!
- In the Old Testament, the homosexuals were to be put to death; as God knew how they would corrupt society and pervert a nation against God. (Leviticus 20:13). Even some high schools have "Opposite Sex Day" where boys can dress up as girls and girls like boys, and ignore God's Word in Deuteronomy 22:5. All with the blessings of the teachers and staff.
- The Lesbian. In Romans 1:26 God describes their activities and calls them "vile."
"For this cause God gave them up unto vile (wicked or evil) affections: for even their women did change the natural use (wife and mother) into that which is against nature."
- The Homosexual. In Romans 1:27 God says,
"And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman (being a husband and father), BURNED IN THEIR LUST one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly and receiving in themselves that recompense of THEIR ERROR which was meet."
In Romans 1:27c is a chilling description of consequences for those who practice these perversions. "...receiving in themselves that recompense (Aids?) of THEIR ERROR which was meet."
In Verse 28 God says they have a reprobate mind.
- 1 Kings 15:11,12 describes Asa, king of Judah, who"...did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord...and he took away the Sodomites out of the land."
- Many years later the Sodomites had infiltrated Judah again. King Josiah took action to bring the nation back to worshipping the Lord. In 2 Kings 23:7,
"And he (Josiah) brake down the houses of the Sodomites that were by the house of the Lord..."
- In Corinth some were saved by trusting Jesus Christ as their Savior. In 1 Corinthians 6:9, "effeminate" is pertaining to homosexuals and lesbians. In Verse 11 we are told,
"And such were some of you; but ye are washed; but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and by the Spirit of our God:"
- We are to witness to the homosexuals. Christ died for them, too; so they could have eternal life. But, the Christian is not to be brainwashed into condoning their lifestyle. More and more, we are hearing the testimonies of homosexuals who have trusted Christ and denounced their past ways as nothing more than perversion.
Remember—God created Adam and Eve—not Adam and Harry!