Did God Create the Human Race, or Did We Evolve? (Part 6)
By Dr. Max D. Younce
Can Evolution Be Proven by the Fossils?
The study of Paleontology or Fossilology is the study of life in the geological ages of long ago. It differs from Botany, Zoology, and Biology, as the life it observes and studies are in fossil form. A fossil is a plant or animal that lived long ago and there are many kinds of fossils. Here are a few:
1. In a past geological age an animal may have walked over soft mud. Sediments were washed into the footprints so gently they were not disturbed. In the passing ages the layer of mud turned into solid rock, leaving forever the footprint of an ancient animal.
2. Petrified bone is a fossil. Sometimes, at the bottom of lakes, or rivers, bones of dead animals were deposited. They became covered over with slime and mud. As ages passed, the water gradually dissolved the bone material and deposited in its place precipitate of chalk or some other matter. After much time, the entire bone was dissolved and in its place is an exact replica of the bone in solid stone.
3. Another type of fossil occurs when a substance has captured an animal and preserved it without decaying. In the Carboniferous Age, for example (dated about one-hundred million years ago), the coniferous trees exuded gum and resin, which ran down the sides of the trunk. Insects, such as ants, would get caught in that resin which would engulf the whole insect. As ages passed, that resin would turn into what we call amber.
4. Another type of fossil results from animals being trapped in glacial ice; therefore, we have the entire body of these animals perfectly preserved.
5. One of many more examples can be found in the La Brea Tar Pits in Southern California. After a heavy rain, these pits were covered with water. As many of these giant animals went down to drink they, being unaware, were trapped in the pits. These are in fossil form and have been for thousands and thousands of years. Isn’t it amazing that the evolutionists cannot produce just one fossil of their so-called “missing link” out of the millions and millions of fossils we have discovered thus far.
Many years ago in Reader’s Digest, there was a quote from Professor Edwin Conklin, the great Princeton University biologist. Here are his words. “The probability of life beginning from accident is comparable to the probability of the Unabridged Dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory.” God says He created everything to reproduce “after his kind”, not into another kind. (Genesis 1:11,12,21, 24-26).
Instead of believing the impossible, why not trust the one who made it possible.
“…Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved…”